PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get Waves

Bighomedog11
09-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Waz good,I have indian sorta of hair. Soo my hair is straight. I got waves alittle. But i want really good waves. I am wondering what kinda of stuff do you recommend me to use because i already use some kinda of wave grease now. I think its DUKE. I am also wondering is it better to wet the wave cap before you put it on?

This_aint_mutize23
09-07-2007, 04:15 PM
get sum carrot cream....brush ......and i dont see the point or wetting the waves cap

etodaz206
09-07-2007, 06:07 PM
here juss read dis

This is for the beginners welcome to the site now a lot of you are on here to learn how to get waves well here is all the info you need.

Most asked questions
Can I get Waves??? anyone can get waves Black, white, mexican etc. even if ur hair is straight it all matters on brushing ur hair
What is Wolfing??? Wolfing is letting your hair grow out from any where to 1 week or 2 months u can wolf for as long as u want but you have to brush a lot like 2 hours a day or more.
What does wolfing do??? Wolfing makes your waves deeper and bigger but you might not get the big waves you see on some people’s hair because every ones hair is different and your hair might get to a certain point where your waves don’t get any bigger like full black people.
What is your grain??? It’s the way your hair grows so when we say brush with the grain we mean brush your hair the way your hair grows like say my hair grows forward I brush my hair forward and against the grain is the way your hair doesn’t grow so say my hair grows forward and I brush backward that’s against the grain
How long do I brush a day??? Brush your hair for like 2 hours or more a day and you will have waves in no time.
Which brush do I use??? Well a soft brush is for when you just got a cut and also it makes your connection better then when 2-3 weeks pass start using a medium brush then when another 2-3 weeks pass use a hard brush use this when wolfing so it brushes your roots of your hair because a soft and medium juss brush the top of your hair.
Which brushes are the best??? Well Diane, Annie and the wave enforce brushes are the best but you can use any brush you want as long as your brushing your hair.
Which way do I brush??? With your grain ur top forward ur sidez at a 45 degree angle and ur back straight down
Can I comb my hair??? the answer is yes u can. Combing your hair is good for wen ur wolfin gets out your naps and can space ur waves out and u can comb against the grain but after that brush ur hair with the grain so ur won't be all wild
What are moisturizers??? Moisturizers are like carrot oil, carrot crème, olive oil, olive crème, Dr. Miracle’s, Indian hemp, Hair food, coconut oil etc. They all do different things because some have nutrients for your hair so your hair feels soft and so it looks better and some just moisturize and shine.
What are pomades??? Pomades are like Sportin waves, 360 style, Murray’s, Dax, Sea Sick there are other ones but those are some of the most used ones pomades are used to make your hair lay down so it doesn’t stick up while your wolfing so u can wolf for a longer time.
Which pomades do I use when I got my hair cut and which ones do I use when I am wolfing??? This is what you use when you got your hair cut use 360 Style pomade and when 2-3 weeks pass use Sportin Waves Black can then when another 2-3 weeks pass use Dax or Sportin Waves gold can or Murrays or Sea Sick keep or Lets Jam Orange Top using one of these when wolfing.
What method should I use??? There are many methods but this is all you have to do put your moisturizer in then brush for an hour or more then before you go to bed put more moisturizer in your hair brush for like 5 minutes and then put your pomade in and brush for 5 minutes then put your durag on and then you can go to bed but if in the day time you are going some where and you want your waves to look good do this put moisturizer in your hair brush 5 minutes then put pomade in your hair then brush 5 minutes then put on your durag on for a hour then take it off and your good to go.
How many times do I wash my hair a week??? You only have to wash your hair 2 times a week but that’s just if you want to you can wash your hair as much as you want but I am telling you new guys you need to wash your hair 2 times a week because you are still in the process of getting waves.
What shampoo and conditioner should I use??? Well there are many shampoos and conditioners but the good ones are crème of nature, Wave Builder Wash in waves, and Motions but there are a lot just make sure its not for straight hair or straightens your hair
That’s all you have to stay away from but anything works.
How do I wash my hair??? Well there are two ways to do it I will tell you there is just putting the shampoo in your hand and putting it in your hair but while you do this make sure your going with the grain and not against it then after that wash it out and do the same thing with the conditioner that’s one way the second way put your shampoo in your brush and brush with the grain all over then once your done with that do the same with the conditioner.
What am I supposed to do when I get out the shower??? Brush your hair so you can get out some of the wetness don’t dry with a towel so juss brush out some of the wetness keep some of the water in your hair put your moisturizer in like I said and do the same with the pomade
Which one do I use a durag or wave cap??? Well you can use either one some people like the durag better and some people like the wave cap better but it just matters on which one you like but I use the King cash method it where you put on a durag untied and then put a wave cap on and make sure the wave cap goes over your ears so it goes all the way down to the back of your hair line I do this so I don’t have a deep line on my head in the morning like the most of you get when you wake up and so I can get waves all the way to the bottom of my back hair line.
What hair cut do I get??? Well there is the dark Caesar but another name for it is a 1 ½ cut or a 2 cut and then there is the light Caesar another name for it is a 1 cut or lower I would tell all you rookies get a 2 cut tell ur barber he will kno wat your talking about.
Should I get my hair cut with the grain or against the grain??? Always get your hair cut with the grain if ur a rookie because if you don’t then the barber is going to cut your waves right out so always get a cut with the grain but if u have been wavin and u have ur hair trained u can get a cut against the grain a lot of people say its a cleaner cut but I would only recomend this to people that have been wavin and have there hair trained.
Man I am getting pimples what do I do??? Wash your face every day never go a day with out doing that just use anything to wash your face what ever says face wash or says it fights acne get it
Also one last thing make sure your hair is always moisturized never leave it dried out ya digg

Bighomedog11
09-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Thanks for that long post..
I am black but i got indian hair cuz my greeatt grandma was indian..

But i went to sally's today an pickd up some Sport N waves Cream an a brush with hard an soft. I got waves alittle bit but not no really big hardcore waves. That is what i want the real deep hardcore waves i am getting there. I also got some Indian Hemp that shit is greasy but yea it works.
I put some Sport N waves on my head brush that an then i put some Duke promade an brushd that an then i put my wave cap on. Is that good will my waves start getting better each time? An yes i try to push my hair alot. An i use water also to get things wet.

rayjamsess
09-07-2007, 07:13 PM
good post my nigg

This_aint_mutize23
09-07-2007, 07:33 PM
damn estodaz....fcukin diary...wavebible2

etodaz206
09-08-2007, 02:45 AM
well I would suggest get some Lets Jam Orange Top and some carrot creme there the best to use, use carrot creme brush dat in den put some LJOT and bursh dat in and durag its da best combo yea it kinda is like the wave bible lol

waves deep as a ocean
09-08-2007, 09:35 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ to ma nigg estdaz

nigga post that shit the wavebible 2 and maybe u can get grand spinna shit :D

real tlk a nigg :eek:

jmercy
09-08-2007, 07:40 PM
he already posted it where u been

dawaveman
09-08-2007, 07:46 PM
he already posted it where u been

lol jmercy,they thought he wrote it on da spot

Bighomedog11
09-08-2007, 10:39 PM
Ight soo get some Lets Jam Orange Top an some Carrot cream an use that stuff too an that will help the waves come better?
The Carrot Cream is like 6 buxs at sallys that shits expensive but ya.

Can i use Indian Hemp instead of Carrot cream? An what does the LJ orange top do?

dawaveman
09-08-2007, 10:41 PM
Ight soo get some Lets Jam Orange Top an some Carrot cream an use that stuff too an that will help the waves come better?

u aint got to use the lets jam,but if u wolfin and ya hair wont lay down good,then the lets jam would come in handy

Bighomedog11
09-08-2007, 10:44 PM
ight. thanks

jerome43
09-09-2007, 12:49 AM
if you wet it put something else on top of it like another wave cap du-rag or stocking cap:rolleyes:

Bighomedog11
09-09-2007, 12:52 AM
if you wet it put something else on top of it like another wave cap du-rag or stocking cap:rolleyes:
Why put something eles on top of it if i wet it? An is it good to wet it before i wear it?

darkspinna xj
09-10-2007, 10:57 PM
Waz good,I have indian sorta of hair. Soo my hair is straight. I got waves alittle. But i want really good waves. I am wondering what kinda of stuff do you recommend me to use because i already use some kinda of wave grease now. I think its DUKE. I am also wondering is it better to wet the wave cap before you put it on?

try not to use grease and pomades yet try to use water while brusin and moisterizers. maybe pick up some scurl activator to get some curls goin and stocking caps

hmdp1992
09-11-2007, 03:28 PM
heres my method

My method
These are all of the products that I use.
1. Lusters Pink Oil Moisturizer
2. Soft Sheen Carson Sportin Waves (Gel Pomade)
3. Wavebuilder Deep Wave Wave Forming Pomade
4. Two Sided Medium Brush (soft/ firm)
5. Soft Sheen Carson Let’s Jam shining and conditioning gel
6. Wave builder Wash in Waves Shampoo
7. 360 style pomade
8. brush in waves

My method for getting waves.
1. Put Pink Oil Moisturizer in hair
2.Apply sportin waves gel pomade
3.Brush your hair left side, right side, top, back, 300 times each
4.Put on stocking cap or do rag.
5.Repeat steps 1-5 daily.

WASH HAIR TWICE A WEEK hmdp1992 METHOD TO GETTING 360 WAVES.

SwiftTeckNeeK
09-11-2007, 04:09 PM

Can i use Indian Hemp instead of Carrot cream? An what does the LJ orange top do?

$6.00 for Carrot Creme! Damn! I pay $3.00 for mine at either Walgreens or Pathmark.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m293/Quansolo82/prod_933_28730.gif