I noticed alot of people don't fully understand the process of wolfin, what it accomplishes and how to get the most out of your wolfin session.
Wolfin is growing hair out while keeping it layed down and moisturized.
Purpose of wolfin: to increase wave deepness, connectivity, and visibility.
I'm currently on week 8 and my hair is longer and thicker than it has ever been since having waves yet its so easy, last wolfin session started to get hard at week 4 but i can bet that 20 will be no problem because i have been observing what makes wolfin easier, may i add i have a medium texture, pretty loose curl but not huge waves and not micro waves.
As i wolf, it seems i receive %1 more improvment than the previous week, week 1 is a bonus %10 because how low and crisp hair is and a soft brush plus fresh cut equals alot of work done fast.
Here is a visual representation of what i am trying to explain
This is speaking hypothetically, no one knows exactly how much the improve by the percentile.
week 1 - %10 - fresh cut
week 2 - %1 plus the %10 from week 1 = %11
week 3 - %2 plus the %11 from week 1 = %13
week 4 - %3 plus the %13 from week 1 = %16
week 5 - %4 plus the %16 from week 1 = %20
week 6 - %5 plus the %20 from week 1 = %25
week 7 - %6 plus the %25 from week 1 = %31
week 8 - %7 plus the %31 from week 1 = %38
week 9 - %8 plus the %38 from week 1 = %46
week 10 - %9 plus the %46 from week 1 = %55
week 11 - %10 plus the %55 from week 1 = %65
week 12 - %11 plus the %65 from week 1 = %76
1. Drop the pomade unless its 360 or anything as light.
2. When you have your light pomade, use a only little(dime size).
3. The pomade doesn't help me hold hair just makes it look good.
4. Go light on heavy or greasy moisturizers like hemp.
5. Use something light to moisturize such as olive cream, lusters pink lotion, or scurl 360 stylin texturizing spray(no its not a kit).
6. When hair is wet use hard brush then soon as your done, go back over with soft brush
7. Soft brush will be your best friend, hard brush fixes drastic pattern problems(like the side u sleep on), soft brush fine tunes your pattern, makes hair look smoother resulting in natural shine being more obvious.
8. Once u take your durag off, use soft brush all day.
9. Use hard brush in shower.
10. If your hair doesn't look like a bird's nest soon as u take your durag off then u dont need a cut.
11. Once you get up in weeks, your waves will look smaller, they are not so don't panic, its just the illusion of deepness casting shadows making 1 wave appear as 2.
12. When your hair looks like a bird's nest straight out the durag, then its time to get a cut.
13. Fancy 10 paragraph long 20 step methods are not needed, i put in olive cream, brush WITH HARD OR SOFT BUT always FINISH WITH SOFT, put on durag, take durag off, SOFT BRUSH ONLY put 360 in(if u want) AND SOFT BRUSH ONLY and if u want durag, take off durag, soft brush then leave and get hoes.
14. You dont need to wear a durag all day, just when you sleep or wearing a hat.
15. Wolfin from a 1.5wtg or lower will require more time to receive maximum results.
16. dont get scalped when you do get your cut.
17. Combing is good, it does the work of a hard brush basically by placing the pattern were it needs 2 be, after combing, use your soft brush.
18. Combing atg will not kill your haves, after combing atg just comb wtg and then follow over with soft brush.
19. When washing hair i pour shampoo(i use cream of nature ultra moisturizing formula) on brush(hard), then brush it in wet hair for about 5 min, then put hair under water and brush shampoo out, then pour conditioner(i use hollywood beauty olive cholestoral) on my hands, rub in hair wtg, let it marinate in my hair while i wash myself then i brush it out when I'm done. Brush out water once out of shower.
20. Get lined up every weekend or 2, if you really need to, tell the barber to tape right above the sideburns and ears
21. These tips are not the exact laws of wolfing and wolfing can be accomplished without using my tips but i bet this will help 9 out of 10 wavers.
Using my formula of random wolfing tips should help you alot, your hair should not curl and should lay down flat as if u got it cut yesterday, once u get up in weeks, your deepness may seem gone even though u can see waves, they just dont go up and down, your deepness is there but like my real barber told me last time i wolfed and i could barely see my waves on week 8, the waves are underneath so the longer u wolf the deeper they get underneath, I'm on week 8 right now and my hair looks even better than it ever has, being broke lately has also helped me stay focused so my 5 dollars a week for a lineup save me alot more than 15 a cut every 2 or 3 weeks, good luck wit your wolfin process and i wish da best 4 u and your wavin experience.