Getting Your Hair Cut
This will help you in preparation for getting a haircut because 80% of how your cut is going to look is from straight preparation anyway.
1) 4-6 hours before getting a cut wash your hair
2) Durag/Wavecap your hair for 2 hours
3) After 2 hours take out your brushes (hard + soft) and gets the brushin! Start brushing with a hard brush and after that use nothin but a soft brush.
4) You will continue to brush until your a** is literally planted on the barber’s chair, he might be peeping you out anyway to see how you brush your hair especially for those who get their cuts WTG (with the grain) so he can cut almost identical to how you brush. By the way, the cut that usually works out well for most is a #2, if your hair is mad nappy a #1.5 is good, if your hair is super straight you don’t want to go under a #2.5 or #3 WTG.
5) Be specific. Make sure your barber knows exactly what you want, repeat yourself if necessary. I would rather be an @s5h0le with the right cut than to be meek with a f*@#!d up head.
Do not wash your hair after getting a cut especially if it’s lower than a #2 instead take a paper towel with some rubbing alcohol and clean off
Positive about low cuts
Easier 2 brush means easier to maintain. Also can help with fixing connection problems after your waves are set and to deep to fix, the more manageable the hair is the easier it moves with each brush stroke, you can do it while wolfing but it’s harder depending on your hair text.
Your turn. Got any tips to share about getting your hair cut? Leave you comments below…